Momento Mori
Who's that?
Momento Mori
Who's that?
Momento Mori
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Momento Mori

Remember you are human, remember you must die.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draxscanas
The Grand Poobah
Draxscanas

Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite) Empty
PostSubject: Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite)   Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:45 pm

The child was finally back to sleep, his breathing slow and deep as he nestled into the crook of his mother's neck, thumb still in his mouth. Llulus smiled, but did not stop humming or rocking the chair back and forth, content and in no hurry to move from her spot. She shifted her body just a little in order to lean back so that her chest could support most of her son's weight and free up her hands a little. She stroked his unruly tuft of hair, drinking in the sight of her sleeping baby. She still found it hard to believe sometimes that this small little creature was hers; hers to keep, hers to raise as she pleased, and hers to love as fiercely as any mother in the world.

The first few months after his birth, she'd been extremely paranoid, unwilling to leave the child's side for anything--fearful that, the moment she did, someone would swoop down upon her and take him away. That was how it had always been: no Equim woman was ever allowed to raise their own baby, and no amount of pleading, bribery, or threats had ever changed that. Indeed, she could still remember what had happened the first time that she'd managed to carry a pregnancy to term, and how she'd practically had her child ripped from her arms. These memories had only served to feed her fears, and not even Treiv had been able soothe them away. It was only now, after several weeks, that she had started to relax and had finally been able to get a decent night's sleep without waking herself constantly to check on her child.

"He's not going anywhere, you know," said Treiv from the doorway, his voice soft so as not to wake their son. He padded over to his wife's side and knelt, bare feet making no sound on the carpet as he walked. Llulus looked over at the man, small smile on her face.

"I know that," she said, suppressing her yawn as a sigh instead. "I just didn't have the heart to move him . . . Did I wake you?"

"No. The bed's just cold without you. Why don't you come back to it with me?"

"If you can manage to get him back into his crib without him fussing, I will."

"Are you doubting my sneaking skills, woman?"

"Always, husband."

"Humph. I'll show you a thing or two."

With seemingly expert skill, Treiv scooped the baby out of Llulus' arms slowly, cradling the small body against his chest for a few moments as he headed over to the crib. He leaned over the cradle, setting down the child with a gentleness that seemed odd for such a powerful warrior to have. Llulus rose from her chair as the man turned around and practically tip-toed away from the bassinet and over to her with a goofy, triumphant grin.

"Told you so." he whispered fiercely. She stuck her tongue out at him in response.

"Is that an offer?"

"Pervert."

"You love me."

"I do. Back to bed?"

"To sleep?"

". . . Do you have something else in mind?"

A cheeky grin.

"Hm. Well, husband, if you ABSOLUTELY insist--"

"I do."

"--then I suppose I can oblige you."

Her smile met his own, and the two of them started back to their room, but not before Llulus glanced over her shoulder one more time, making sure that all was calm and quiet.

Sleep, my little piece of sky, and you will know that I love you and will always be at your side.

Last edited by Draxscanas on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xaeldrenil
Headmaster
Xaeldrenil

Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite)   Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Love this. <3
Back to top Go down
https://flotaku.forumotion.com

Llulus--Motherhood (Dormite)
Page 1 of 1